- Whether Article 213 of the Constitution of India confers a mandatory obligation upon the Executive to table an Ordinance before the Legislature?
- Whether a re-promulgation of the Ordinance is permissible under the Constitution of India?
- Whether an act through an Ordinance remains valid even after the Ordinance ceases to operate?
- Article 213 of the Constitution of India states that “In the event of a lapse in legislative action, the governor retains the authority to issue executive orders.”
- The Governor has the power to promulgate Ordinances when the State Legislature is not in session and these Ordinances must be approved by the State Legislature within 6 weeks of its reassembly.